Featured

My Daughter Passed Her Board Exam

I couldn't get myself to sleep no matter what I did. Hence, I decided to just cook breakfast for my son, James, who will go to schoo...

Most Popular

Friday, August 31, 2018

Free Spirit


"Speak clearly! What happened?" Ken asked. He was on top of his voice as he was already in panic mode after hearing what his son said over the phone.

"I dont know. She's not breathing anymore when I checked," Joni answered while trembling. He was crying so hard.

"Why didnt you ask for help and rush her to the hospital?"

"There is no one I can call and I have no extra money."

"I'll go home now."

Ken hanged up after saying those words. He felt his knees weakened . He wanted to lose balance but he leaned on the wall beside him.

He knows his wife wont be with him forever but it's too soon. He was devastated when she was diagnosed with cancer months ago but nothing can be more devastating than to hear that she's already dead.

He had to keep his composure and presence of mind when he went home so he would be able to do what needs to be done and prepare for the funeral. Looking at his crying 13 year old son, he doesn't know if he will feel mad. His emotions are mixed. He feels frustrated and guilty for not being there when it happened.

After his wife was buried, she appeared in his dream. They were both sitting on their coffee table as she speaks.

"Please don't blame yourself and Joni for what happened. Nobody wanted it. If you'd only seen him then, you'd pity him so much. There was so much fear in his eyes. I know he felt so helpless. After all, he's just a kid.He did his best then. But maybe, it really is my time."

His wife held his hand and it felt so real."What's more important now is I'm free. Im no longer in pain. I can move swiftly.Dont be sad and tell our son not to be sad too. I won't leave you. I will continue to watch over you."

Since then, he would always see her coming into their room to touch his face and kiss his forehead and do the same to Joni who moved to his room when his wife died. The thought that she didn't really leave and that she's now in a better place consoled him so much.He lost the most important person in his life but what's beautiful about it is that it set her spirit free and her sufferings are over.




Join jfora.net if you want to earn $ by posting comments and ads.

No comments:

Post a Comment