Featured

My Daughter Passed Her Board Exam

I couldn't get myself to sleep no matter what I did. Hence, I decided to just cook breakfast for my son, James, who will go to schoo...

Most Popular

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

RETROCOGNITION is seeing events that happened in the past usually by entering a trance. I experienced this when I first entered one of the first tall buildings built in Manila which is the Luneta Hotel. I went there to check the rates of their function rooms. When I looked out from one of its windows, I just saw the old state of Manila where there are no cars but several horse carriages were passing and I can see a bay at a distance then, several beautiful and well dressed women came in. This experience drew me to research the history of the place.It was built in 1919 and served as a brothel to American G.I.s during the World War 2.The Manila Bay can be viewed before from the site.

This is what President Dwight Eisenhower wrote about the Luneta Hotel's beauty:

"This Luneta was for more than 4 years the scene of my habitual evening walks. To this day it lives in memory as one of the most pleasant, indeed even one of the most romantic spots, I have known in this entire world. Leaving the front entrance of the Luneta Hotel in the evening, I could walk to the right to view the busy docks where Philippine commerce with the world was loaded and unloaded. From the hotel, looking across the peaceful waters of Manila Bay, I could see the gorgeous sunsets over Miravales. Walking toward the Club of the Army and the Navy, and looking down toward the city itself, I nearly always paused for a moment before the statue of the great José Rizal before returning to my quarters."

No comments:

Post a Comment